Psychiatric Services in Beverly Hills, CA
Amir Ahuja, MD offers a variety of specialty psychiatry services to patients throughout Beverly Hills and West Hollywood.
How We Can Help
Mental health trauma treatments are necessary for those who have experienced a traumatic event or a traumatic period of time. Healing trauma can be a long and difficult process, but there are treatments available to help trauma survivors move through their experiences.
Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is one of the most common mental disorders affecting children. ADHD also affects many adults.
Any person who has attempted to quit smoking knows that it is no easy task. Our specialists are able to assist in this process by utilizing habit reversal techniques, hypnosis, medications for smoking cessation, and mood monitoring.
Individuals can experience anxiety in any number of situations, or they may have a known phobia of a particular object or occurrence. Amir Ahuja, MD often works to help patients reduce their anxiety regarding common fears, such as:
- Social anxiety
- Phone call anxiety
- Panic disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Generalized anxiety disorder
Natural Insomnia Treatment
Insomnia is frequently associated with mental disorders, and lack of sleep from insomnia can lead to an entire host of additional health problems. It is common for physicians to prescribe different medications to help their patients fall asleep more quickly or remain asleep through the night, but those looking for non-habit forming solutions can also find relief through psychiatric counseling and the development of healthy sleep hygiene habits.
Physicians, clinicians, nurses, therapists, and counselors can significantly benefit from addressing their own mental health with a specialist that they do not have a personal or professional relationship with.
Dr. Ahuja is a leading voice for the LGBTQ community and proudly offers LGBT-affirming care to individuals and couples. Dr. Ahuja is the President of The Association of LGBTQ+ Psychiatrists, and the Director of Psychiatry at the LA LGBT Center, the largest LGBT Center in the world.
What is Telepsychiatry?
Telepsychiatry is a subcategory of telemedicine, which is a type of health care that is offered through the use of technological devices and programs. With telepsychiatry, Amir Ahuja, MD is able to provide professional evaluations and recommendations using many types of video software, including video conferencing via smartphone.
Many patients wonder how telepsychiatry will differ from traditional therapy sessions with a mental health specialist. While some may be worried that they will not enjoy a consultation over video, there are multiple benefits to consider, including:
- Added comfort: Complete video calls wherever you feel most relaxed and at ease, even if that means staying at home in your pajamas.
- Avoid delays and added expenses: There is no need to worry about getting stuck in traffic when on your way to a therapy appointment, and your need for long drives and expensive stops at the gas station will no longer be required.
- Improved accessibility: Individuals living in more rural areas will have all the same opportunities as those residing in a densely populated city, including having access to some of the best mental health care professionals available.
- Flexibility: Many patients can become frustrated when they have to take time off work or away from their family to speak with a psychiatrist. Telepsychiatry allows individuals the ability to minimize this period of time as much as humanly possible.